Friday 4 March 2016

National Geographic Ident Ideas! Production Diary - 4/3/2016

So, for this ident I'm thinking of something that is professional looking but still fun and clever at the same time. The brief actually says that the ident should be relating to the environment and hint on bringing awareness to it, so this is another thing I will have to consider. After looking at previous examples it has really helped me get a good idea of the kind of things that are suitable for the channel and I definitely want to use the technique of having the animation merge into the logo somehow. I have included a spider diagram below of some of my ideas that I've scribbled down and so far I've come up with a few ideas for the actual animation. However, the idea where there's lots of animals merging together etc. might be too big of an idea for the 10 seconds I have to play with so it is probably better if I go for a simple yet effective narrative. I really like the idea of having a little yellow fish swim by as I feel like the pollution of the ocean is something that isn't touched on as much as things like recycling and air pollution are. As I want to express to my audience an environmental issue that could be a great idea to use but before I got any further and choose one of my ideas I want to do a little more research into the target audience for the National Geographic Channel so this will be my next step!


No comments:

Post a Comment