Saturday 24 October 2015

Norman McLaren - Neighbours (PIXILATION)





Pixilation is something that was new to me and I had never considered animation in this way before; using people. We looked at a few pixilations to get a better understanding of what one was and the possibilities you could achieve with the medium. I liked this one in particular out of the few that we looked at because even though it was quite fun and silly, it actually had an important message behind it which may have been inspired due to the time it was made. I really liked the fact that a lot of props were used in this animation and particularly the metaphorical flower that the two 'neighbours' fight over, this inspired me to use props in my own pixilation in a way where they have a mind of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive