Wednesday 7 October 2015

Guillermo del Toro's Notebooks




Storyboarding can only really come to life after you have an idea of a story or a character that you want to bring to life, which means there has to be some sort of inspiration first. I looked at Guillermo del Toro as an example of this as he is known for his crazy characters in his movies; both animated and shown through costume. His notebooks are filled with drawings and sketches of different characters whom he either dreams or thinks up which I find really interesting. Del Toro's secret is that he keeps many notebooks and works on them all the time as separate projects and can brings these ideas to form a film or a narrative. They also have a Leonardo da Vinci vibe to them, making the sketches extremely detailed with small script surrounding them trying to capture del Toro's imaginative thoughts before they escape him. I was really inspired after looking at his notebooks to start my own and I feel this would be really helpful when it comes to storyboarding for a new project as I will already have a bag of ideas ready. Below I have put in a few pages from his notebooks to give you a sneak peek into his thoughts and ideas behind his films.

PANLABYRINTH 2PANSLABYRINTH 3
Guillermo Del Toro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive