Thursday, 6 April 2017

Applied Production Diary (3/4/17 - 9/4/17)

This week I have been recording the song for our animation in Leeds College of Music!





In the studio!


As I have never recorded a song before it was really cool to be in a real recording studio, I played guitar tracks and sang main and backing vocals for the track.



























First, we recorded the guitar and Harry wired up the studio before I got there so all I needed to do was go in and play, although it took around 3-4 hours to get it right! I felt it was such a great experience to see how songs are recorded and how good it is to use original music and sound for an animation as you can get the right feeling in the music in comparison to using someone else's songs.



All I need to do now is wait for Harry to mix the song and make it sound perfect and refined before I can get the final version of it. I feel like now we can test putting the song to the animatic and possibly fix timings of scenes depending on the timing of the song, this way it will fit perfectly. As the song describes the story it is important that when the lyrics tell a certain part, that is what the audience are seeing on screen.

No comments:

Post a comment